Visit The Delta Chi Fraternity’s National Website
Delta Chi starts new fraternity at Kennesaw State University.
Expansion gives students the opportunity to make their mark on campus
Kennesaw, Georgia - Delta Chi Fraternity proudly expands to Kennesaw State University.
On September 10th, Delta Chi staff members will begin recruiting Founding Fathers for KSU newest men’s fraternity. This opportunity to be a Founding Father is a chance for KSU men to set new traditions and form a new student organization from the ground up with the support of the Fraternity’s professional staff, local support alumni and advisors.
Information sessions will be held on campus, student organization presentations will be given, and receptions will be hosted to give students, faculty/staff and local community members an opportunity to learn more about Delta Chi and what it brings to KSU.
“We are very excited to be extending the brotherhood of Delta Chi to KSU,” said Rusty Williams, Jr., Director of Expansion and Colony Operations and coordinator for the KSU expansion. “I am confident that we can add quite a bit to the student experience at KSU and be an asset to the strong fraternity and sorority system on this campus. We’re proud to be a part of that growing family.”
Originally founded as a professional law fraternity at Cornell University in 1890, Delta Chi still holds as its cardinal principle the observance of and advancement of justice. Delta Chi opened its membership to male students in all fields of study in 1922, yet the Fraternity’s law background is a strong platform for students’ rights, self-governance, and values-based decision-making. Currently, Delta Chi has 126 chapters and coloniesacross the United States and Canada and has more than 94,000 initiated members.
How you can be involved:
Interested in joining? - Men interested in being a Founding Father of the Kennesaw State Colony must meet the following criteria:
- Willing to be a part of a great new experience at KSU, make new friends, and develop himself as a person and as a leader.
- A full-time undergraduate or graduate male student at Kennesaw State University.
- College cumulative GPA of 2.5 or incoming high school GPA of 3.0.
- Be willing to accept the rights and privileges of membership in a college social fraternity along with the responsibilities that come with it.
- Has never been initiated into an inter/national social fraternity.
Fraternity/sorority member at KSU - We are excited to be joining your Greek system and would appreciate any assistance you might be able to provide, including:
- Contact the staff members in Kennesaw to say “hi” and offer any advice.
- Schedule a time for staff members to present at your chapter meeting.
- Recommend friends, siblings, etc., that meet the above criteria for membership as Founding Fathers.
- Work with the soon-to-be-formed Colony to involve them in campus/Greek activities.
Faculty & Staff - support from an institution can be paramount to the success of a young chapter. The Fraternity would appreciate any offer for assistance in the following areas:
- Recommend leaders that you may know on campus that meet the above criteria for membership as Founding Fathers.
- Schedule a time for staff members to present at a meeting of any student organizations that you advise where men that might be interested in Delta Chi are members.
- Volunteer as a faculty advisor or as an advisor in a variety of topics (financial management, campus leadership, student wellness, etc.).
- Work with the soon-to-be-formed Colony to involve them in campus activities.
Kennesaw Community Members - when Delta Chi starts a new colony, it also has a positive impact on the surrounding community through volunteer service, philanthropic activities, and other community events. If you are interested in being involved with the expansion process, we could use your assistance in the following ways:
- Recommend KSU students that you know that meet the above criteria for membership as Founding Fathers.
- Suggest local venues and services that a typical student organization may use (third-party host for social events, Greek paraphernalia, t-shirt production, accounting services, newsletter publications, community service opportunities, etc.)
- Volunteer as an advisor in a variety of topics (financial management, campus leadership, student wellness, etc.).
With the warm reception experienced so far, it is clear that with the right Founding Fathers and the support of the University, Greek system and local community, the Kennesaw State Colony of Delta Chi will be resounding success and an asset to the Kennesaw community
For more information regarding the Kennesaw State expansion, please contact Rusty Williams, Jr. today. Please don’t let this opportunity pass you by